Saturday, October 12, 2013

And why are you STILL single?



The Single Woman's 30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 1

I get this question a lot. Actually, when I’m approached by a guy that shows interest, it’s usually one for the first questions he asks. My response is the same to all: I don’t know, but if I was a guy, I’d date me. Hell, I’m a catch. I’m beautiful, intelligent, funny, sensible and spontaneous. No, I’m not Polly Homemaker, but I can make up for that --> let’s hire a maid and a chef! Ha! But let me get serious. While my life’s mission is not to cook and clean daily, I can and I will......well most days. However, that's not what's most important to me. What's most important to me is having a good time with my mate, getting to know them intimately (no, I don't mean sexually, but that is a bonus!), and sharing my life with them. Basically, I want to connect with this person through my mind, body, and soul. 

So why am I STILL single? Because I have standards. Because I'm not settling. Because I know what I will and will not accept. Because I want to trust wholeheartedly. Because I am not desperate. Because I want to be happy and not worried throughout the lifetime of my relationship. Because I want a relationship that will last a lifetime. That is why I am STILL single. 

My question to a potential mate, " Can you handle that?'



1 comment:

FullnessofLife said...

Good for you,Meka! How many women can't say that and their life is full of drama and chaos...not a way to live. Marriage and relationships are hard as it is to be adding some of the elements women go through. Kudos to you!