Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What's Done in the Dark....

The Single Woman's 30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 9


Your favorite “weird/funny single behavior”
(Anything you do that is uniquely YOU and that living alone allows you to do)

My weird behavior is that I not only memorize, repeat, and even dance to my fav commercials. Yea, living by myself allows me to become a little too excited when they come on. 

Here's what I mean. See the GEICO commercial below?  Well it uses the same music from the "Dirty Dancing" movie (actually from one of my favorite parts). If this commercial comes on, you'll find me mimicking the moves of Jennifer Grey (female star of the movie). And it's so obvious that this movie has nothing to do with that movie or dancing. 


Same thing with the following commercial. Although, I'm sure that many people get extra excited when these commercials come on. Right?!


BONUS: Do you remember those TIME CD collection commercials that used to come on late night? They usually last an hour or so with some "has been" actor/singer trying to tempt you to spend your good money to buy the CD with an extra $5.95 going to processing and handling. My thing was to sing along to the excerpts whether it was my style of song or not. Remember the ones that included The Beach Boys and all those old groups? I sang along to those, too!



Being single and living by myself allows me the freedom to get down......to these commercials. LOL!

Don't judge me! :-)


1 comment:

Sophia Season said...

My husband and I do the same thing. You are not alone. He dances to theme songs to TV shows. That's not only a single thing.

I also nominated you for the Sunshine Award. Check out the post here: http://wp.me/p31CPp-ur