Saturday, October 26, 2013

The one thing I'd risk going to jail for...

The Single Woman's 30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 8 
What are the five things that are most important to you in a future mate?

1. God-fearing - I need someone that loves God. Point blank. Period. If we're both working in tandem towards God's plan for each of us as well as collectively, then we're only moving closer as a couple. There's something sexy about a man taking on the role of being the head of a family and praying consistently for his love and his family. Turn on, definitely. ;-)

2. Intelligent - I recently had a couple of dates with a Puerto Rican cutie. His best features were his eyes, skin, and teeth, i.e. damn near everything. He even had Brooklyn swag about himself and he was so gentle with me. Problem, you ask? He seemed dumb as a box of rocks. He couldn't hold a conversation about issues important in the world today. Turn off. I need someone that will challenge my thinking and engross me in intriguing conversations. Furthermore, I don't like to lead all of our conversations as well. Another turn off.

3. Sense of Humor - I love to laugh! A lot! I have my own sarcastic sense of humor and would love to be with a guy that has his own sense of wit. It's an absolute turn on. I was with one guy where darn near everything he said was funny and it just felt good to be around him. I guess when you're laughing, you're constantly smiling and that means you must be happy and that's the goal in life right? To be happy. So if a man can put a smile on my face constantly, he's a keeper. 

4. Romantic - OK! Sweep me off my feet please. Surprise me here and there. Keep me guessing. The sweet gestures keep a relationship going. Flowers just because. A sweet note to say I love you hidden in your purse. A good morning text. Two of my past boos used to send me "good morning" texts every morning. Started my morning with a smile each time I received those texts. I have a guy friend who actually bought a book titled "1001 Ways to be Romantic". He actually would refer to the book here and there to do things for his girl. One of the items called for him to send his girl's mom flowers to thank her for bringing his girlfriend into the world. Ummm, yea, I'll need my future boo to live up to those standards. 

5. Loyal - There are a lot of things that I don't have time for and being cheated on is one of them. Let me give you a little backstory. I'm deathly afraid of jail. When I was attending UCF, my younger sister stayed with me for a bit in my apartment. One day I came home to find her and a sheriff's deputy there in the apartment. He told me that there was a warrant out for my arrest. As I stood there with a McDonald's breakfast in my hand, I contemplated my options as jail was not one of them. There was a 6 lane highway right outside my apartment. My thought - drop the food and run into traffic. I was not going to jail! Anywho, the second before I dropped the bag of food, he told me that he was a cousin of mine. They got a few chuckles in; not me, I was hella scared. I say all of that to say that while I'm deathly afraid of jail, I can see myself going there because a man has cheated on me and we are supposed to be in a committed relationship. Just call med Lorena Bobbitt, Jr. cause his penis has got to go after that! Just kidding....not really. Seriously speaking, trust is very big to me, and my future boo must be worthy of mine.

1 comment:

FullnessofLife said...

You had me rollin', Lorena Bobbit Jr. LOL