Monday, October 14, 2013

Describe a moment or a day when being single really sucked

The Single Woman's 30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 2

Uh, where do I start? There are many times when I despise being single, such as when I come home after a grueling workday needing someone to vent to, when I want to try a new restaurant or see a show and my friends don't always share the same interests, or when I'm with a group and everyone either has their significant other present or they're constantly talking about that person.

As much as all of the aforementioned situations SUCK, the day when being single sucks the most is when I'm sick and confined to my bed. It never fails that as bad as I may feel, I have to get out of my bed and walk, here in NYC, or drive (when I lived in Florida) to the pharmacy and pick up my own medicine. That is the time when I need someone the most. When I'm ill, I'm forced to be INDEPENDENT me yet again and take care of my needs on my own. For me, that is when being single sucks the most.

**Don't feel too badly for me after reading this post; next, I'm asked to write about when it feels good to be single. :-)

1 comment:

FullnessofLife said...

Yes, it does help when one is sick! As far as the same interest just know that you and your future spouse wont have the same interests in everything...For example, I really want to go watch Baggage Claim, hubby wont watch it with me but he does like romantic comedies so Ill take that :)