Thursday, September 5, 2013

Dear Cupid....

It's no secret. I've been traveling a lot with my job. I've traveled so much within this year of having this job that I flew home to my sister's wedding using my miles and I'm a Platinum Elite member  with Marriott. Traveling home to Florida for my job has it's perks. As I said, Florida is home. My peeps are here. Sometimes it's like I never left.

I became a Platinum Elite member with Marriott because of my time spent mostly in Orlando. At one point, I spent 30 days straight here in this hotel. (Yes, I'm here now.) The employees are like my family away from home. They treat me so well (I was upgraded to a suite on this stay) when I come and I get hugs and kisses from the staff when they see me.

Let's talk about those hugs and kisses. There's one member of the staff who tends to linger around when he sees me. He's the one that gives kisses on the cheek. I never thought anything of it, only that he was just being friendly. Well, I thought that until he said to me, "Would you allow me to take you out?" It came out of nowhere. And, yes, I let him down easy.


His question to me let me know just how much I've been here in Orlando, enough to make him think that he can date me on the regular even though I live in Orlando. That's crazy!




5 comments:

MDCoone said...

Thank God for the traveling opportunities of your job. Otherwise, I'd be having withdrawals and be left "Shamekaless." Sometimes, I, too, feel as if you never left, ... Especially, with this last visit. But then your stay comes to an end and you ride off into the sunset (a different city) ... In your rental. LOL!
Anywho, isn't it crazy how now that you're not "searching", you've had men approach you more often. Cupid is a funny little guy, with bad aim and timing. I wonder whom it is that I need to contact to make a formal complaint?

FullnessofLife said...

So, Im guessing you werent attracted to him?

Sophia Season said...

Unfortunately, you don't get down south much. Would love a visit. What was wrong with him? I totally saw this post going in a different direction.

BKsFinest1920 said...

Thanks for reading my post! I really appreciate it!

No, I was not attracted to him romantically. He was my buddy, at least I thought that's all we were. Besides, there are too many strikes against something happening between us with number one being that he lives in Florida and I live in New York. It's all good, though. He's still my buddy, I think. ;-)

Blaque said...

YOU SHOULD'VE WENT ON THAT DATE!!