Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Don't Want To Go Back To NYC

I've been here in Florida for two weeks now. Before that, I was here a week. My flight is scheduled for tomorrow evening. I'm dreading going back. 

The biggest reason is that all of my family and friends are here. I miss not attending family functions and eating all of that delicious food. When my family gets together, we gave fun. Everyone is a comedian. I love it! Sometimes, they get together just because. And I miss out because I'm in NYC. 

My friends are here. I miss having house parties, dinners, or game nights at my apartment. I also miss being able to not monitor how much alcohol I consume because I'm in the comfort of my own home with my friends. (Now, I'm no lush.) 

I also miss monthly massages and dinners with my line sisters. I miss talking to them every other day. Ugh. 

Because I've been around my family and friends for the last few weeks, I've come to realize how much I miss them. Therefore, I don't want to go back to NYC. People are rude there. They're con artists. They're fast talkers. (Can I tell you that I can't stand people fast talking me?)   

Don't get me wrong, there are parts of NYC that I like a lot. There's always something going on. There's all types of people there from all types of places. Very diverse. Right now my career is moving in the right direction. It's going to take me places. I'm excited about that. 


NYC is not home. However, it is my temporary home until I get to that next step in my life. 

1 comment:

FullnessofLife said...

You are paying a price for a large investment...your career! Funny thing is when you were here and had all those things you miss you felt you were lacking something, am I right? It's like God has allowed your move also to show you what really matters.