Sunday, August 25, 2013

Know who you are.....


This is tough. First, you have to know who you are. That's a process in itself to find out who that is. It takes people time to figure out their inner being. It starts at the time in which your memory begins and keeps going through the rest of your life. It doesn't end. That inner being keeps changing.....no, adapting. At least mine does. But for the most part, she's who she's gonna be - a generous, timid yet strong, intelligent, observant, God fearing young woman. I have my faults as well.

What's even harder than knowing who you are is knowing it's enough or accepting who you are. I think that's why we have so many issues in the world, high teen pregnancy rate being one of them. Low self-esteem is a bitch and affects us all. It makes us accept less than we deserve, settle. Knowing it's enough is difficult.   

When I saw the above image, it reminded me of a Macklemore song, Same Love, that I've heard on the radio multiple times over the past week. I appreciate the message of the song. However, there are a couple of lyrics that always cause me to pause:
"...A world so hateful
Some would rather die
Than be who they are..."
How true?!

So what's the solution? Spread LOVE. Stop throwing stones when you, yourself, are living in a glass shack. Encourage someone. Stop being so selfish. It's easy to do.

1 comment:

MDCoone said...

I am so glad that you've started this blog. It is interesting and allows us, your friends, to get to know you just a little better. I must admit, that this is one of my favorite posts. The quote is simple, but its words hold great power. My favorite line, "What's even harder than knowing who you are is knowing it's enough or accepting who you are.", have resonated a feeling within, almost every day, since I've read this post. It's funny how you can be certain of who you are, what you stand for and how you would handle things, in a hypothetical situation, until they happen. I am thankful for your blogs & positive words, that help reinforce positive affirmations. Keep up the good work :)