Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Look (Remix)


Meet StylePantry. I have no idea who she/them are, but I do know that the fashion and style that comes from that brand is B-A-N-A-N-A-S! You get every kind of look that there is: comfy, chic, trendy, laid back, etc. I follow the brand via Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Yes, I'm obsessed. 

Did you know that I'm a proud member of the best sorority on earth? That is Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. Our colors are royal blue and white. Well, on a recent Friday evening we were having an event and asked to dress in business casual attire. I was faced with a fashion dilemma. Because NYC experiences a heat wave every summer, I knew that I wasn't wearing pants. So I thought, could I make shorts, jean shorts at that, business casual? StylePantry to the rescue. I remembered seeing the above look and started gathering my pieces. Because royal blue is a staple for my sorors and I, I happen to have two royal blue blazers. The one I wore was from Amazon.com. I believe it cost around $20. I had just bought two pairs of jean shorts from Ross while visiting Florida ($15 each). The shirt was from Burlington; I forgot the price. StylePantry is wearing heels, and those shoes are not conducive to walking the streets of NYC. So, I paired my look with a pair of brown sandals from JCP along with brown wooden jewelry. That completed my look. Take a look below. 



How'd I do? 

Everyone in my circle loved the look by the way. :-) 

1 comment:

Sophia Season said...

I think you've done an awesome job. I have never had the courage to remix a look and post it. I don't understand why, but your post has definitely inspired me to try it, someday.

Sophia
twentyfiveseasons.com