Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What Does Shameka Really Mean?

The Single Woman's 30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 10
Google the meaning of your name and talk about how it fits or doesn’t fit you

**I never completed the Single Woman Blog Challenge since going on this unexpected hiatus. I will complete it starting where I left off... 

So I googled the meaning of Shameka, and this is what I found. Randomly known fact: Shameka was most popular in the year 1980. Makes sense as I was born in 1980. Anywho, I won't get into just how rude and insensitive urbandictionary.com is in regard to the meaning of my name. I won't even share their definition. I then found this site www.kabalarians.com that lists the meaning of my name as (I've added my thoughts to each point):
  • The name of Shameka creates a very quiet, practical nature and a clever and inventive mind.  - Yes, very practical and inventive
     
  • Being analytical and naturally studious, you are interested in a factual understanding of the mysteries of life. - Black and white, no time for gray
     
  • Your methodical nature requires that you like to finish what you start without interruptions and also to have everything in its place and properly organized. - ummmm....I'm too ADD to finish what I start
     
  • An ability to concentrate could take you into computer programming or accountancy or any work requiring concentration and attention to detail. - Again, what does concentrate mean because I have no idea how to do it, lol
     
  • You have, also, a flair for creative expression with your hands. - with my hands? I doodle and that's about it
     
  • You take life seriously and can be easily and deeply hurt and go into moods which can be quite extreme at times, causing much turmoil and unhappiness. - This can't be any more true! My heart is worn on my sleeve.
     
  • Finding it difficult to join in conversation with those with whom you are not well-acquainted, you could feel quite alone and uncommunicative with new acquaintances or in a large crowd. - Yep
     
  • As a result, you could be accused of being unfriendly. - How did you know?! People always read me incorrectly at first
     
  • You desire so much to be understood, but your name has limited your verbal expression to such an extent that it is very difficult for you to divulge your innermost thoughts even to those closest to you. - LOL!
     
  • One of your greatest salvations is being out in nature, for it is there that you find the peace and serenity you so much desire. - Not sure if I believe you on this one. I'll take indoors over outdoors at all times
     
  • Physically you could suffer through tension in the heart, lungs, or bronchial organs, and also through intestinal problems, constipation, etc. - Uh oh. I do have asthma. Constipation, though?
Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

FullnessofLife said...

You do like to work with your hands...you like baking cupcakes right?

You found a lot of weird info on your name. All I ever find for mine is bright star lol

Anonymous said...

This actually sounds very much like me.