Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Where You Are In Your Life vs. Where You Thought You Would Be At This Point

The Single Woman's 30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 7

 

I think it is every little girl's dream to grow up, get married, and have children. Well, my dreams for myself were similar with career thrown in there. I wanted to go to college, get married, and become a superstar; I wanted to see my name in lights. I don't mean superstar in terms of acting, singing, or dancing (which is good because I'm not good at any one of those things). I mean superstar as in I wanted to be remembered for doing good while here on this earth in whatever I ended up doing as a career.My career path changed a lot. At one point, I wanted to be a cosmetologist (this was serious), accountant, social worker, etc.

At 33 years of age, I look back and realize that I've only succeeded in going to college. I've yet to snag the man and see my name in lights. While snagging the man is out of my control, I'm working to become that superstar and see my name in lights. It took a while for me to determine just what I'm passionate about. Now that I've finally figured it out, it's time for me to knock down some doors in which opportunity stands behind. That's my focus right now. It's going to happen.
 

1 comment:

FullnessofLife said...

Such peace it brings when you've figured it out!