Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Thankfulness


http://www.narrowswest.com/blogs/sf_happythanksgiving3_02.jpg 

For those who don't know, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It always has been. Unfortunately, the reason for the season has been lost amongst people trying to outdo each other in terms of who got what and how much it cost. Thanksgiving, however, is when the family just gathers over good food. What could be better than that? 

Last year, I missed spending this holiday with my family as it was my first year in New York. I spent it at a co-workers with some great, interesting people ; it was a lot of fun. On my way home, I got lost on 34th St. LOL! That gave me a chance to see the New York crowds out and about as they waited for the stores to open so that they could claim their Black Friday deals. 

Top Left: My too cute place setting from dinner last year; Top Right: In getting lost, I see my favorite landmark lit up in honor of Thanksgiving; Bottom Left: The crowd for Macy's was MASSIVE; Bottom right: The prizes my team won for winning Turkey Trivia. Yep, a Powerball ticket. They only asked for $1mil each even though the jackpot was +$300mil.

However, this year, I was determined to be home among my family and friends.

So, here I am. It feels so good to be home. I'm very thankful that I get to spend time with them all. In honor of Thanksgiving, I am listing other reasons why I am thankful. The list is endless, so I will list my top 5.

1. Family - I love them all.  I listen to others say how their families don't gather to celebrate each other, and I feel so sorry for them. I couldn't imagine. I love my family. We're not perfect, but we're there for each other when it matters.
2. Friends - I value my friends as they all play a special role in my life. Also, they value me, and that means more than I can say. 
3. Life - I'm thankful to be here in this world today. God didn't have to, but He did. I'm here and I'm grateful. 
4. Experiences I've Endured - Someone once told me "we are the sum of our experiences." True story. Those experiences (growing up in the projects, obtaining my Master's degree, teaching, my current job, living in NYC - just to name a few) are leading me to a place of greatness. I can't wait to see when it manifests!
5. The Food That I Get To Enjoy Today - My aunt's potato salad, my other aunt's macaroni and cheese, my uncle's fried turkey, and my mom's fried chicken!!!!!

I'm grateful! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
 

1 comment:

nushfeekah said...

You said it so well lady you are a leader in the true sense of the word an a inspiration I pray that Favour will fall on You