Friday, December 6, 2013

That's What Friends Are For


I was recently in a meeting and, as an icebreaker, all of the participants had to state something that went well for them recently. What did I say? "I value friendship. In the last couple of weeks, all of my friends have shown me why I consider them friends." So, let me tell you the actions of my friends that led me to say that.


True Friends: 
  • Tell you, "Mi casa es su casa" and mean it. I can call 30 minutes before I arrive and she opens her house to me.
  • Come and visit you everyday when you're visiting home even though their in the midst of a family reunion and family means so much to them.
  • Say, "I'm pissed off for you!" - They go to bat for you....as I would them.
  • Send you personal "Happy Thanksgiving" texts rather than standard group texts. - I hate group texts.
  • Go with you when you're trying something new and scary. 
  • Refer to you by their own made up nickname. LOL!
  • Allow you a limitless amount of time to just sit on the phone and cry until you're able to get out a full word. - This happened. 
  • Understand your love for Patron, bring you an entire bottle, and stay up til 2am talking about nothing even though they must be at work the next morning. 
  • Drop everything to take you to the airport, no matter how far away it is, and not ask for gas money.
  • Drive two hours to see you and catch up. 
  • Tell you that you can do anything and follow up with their reasons why. :-)
  • Listen to your never ending woe is me saga.  And there is no judgement.
  • Write this on your Facebook page - As always, great time together. I value the hours sometimes minutes that we share, my friend. Thank you for your friendship!
Over the last couple of weeks and as I traveled back home (Florida) recently for Thanksgiving, those were just a few things my friends in both Florida and New York did.

I'm grateful to call them FRIENDS. I'm blessed.


1 comment:

FullnessofLife said...

You are reaping what you have sowed, my friend! You get what you give! Love ya!